CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Packing up

Well, we are busy tying up stuff at home. We received the actual TA letter today from FedEx. We took one last mini vacation- our last as merely a family of 5! The boys went fishing for the first time. Quite an experience. When Chris threw the first fish back in the river, it floated. Yikes. The boys were wailing. Then we got some good time in throwing rocks and splashing in the Guadalupe.

We used our Sea World season passes (thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) to watch a few shows and eat some popcorn. We thankfully were not among the poor down-trodden sunburnt people who toughed out the whole day in the Texas summer sun. We just did the evening. Just right. Now the boys are with Mimi and Pops while we finish packing and other stuff. Being focused just seems easier without swordfights going on. What is Anna going to think about her brothers!!!

Chris and I will have access to comments to our blog while we are in China, hopefully. Please send comments and blogger will forward them to us.

Here is our itinerary:

Thurs June 12- Leave for Beijing and Shanghai to visit friends
Sunday june 15- Fly to Nanchang, Jiangxi Province's capital city
Monday June 16- GOTCHA DAY- Get Anna!!!!!!
Tues-Friday- Paperwork and sightseeing in Nanchang
Fri June 20- Fly to Guangzhou
Sat- Medical Exam
Sun- Paperwork party, Chris leaves to come home
Mon June 23- Consulate Appt
Tues June 24 Pick up Anna's visa, Daniel's surgery in Chicago- PRAY
Wed June 25- Fly from Guangzhou to BJ, BJ to Chicago- PRAY
Friday ish- Anna and mommy back to Houston
July 4ish- Rest of Snellers back to Houston

I think that is correct. Please pray on other days as well, those are just the 2 trickiest days on the schedule, at least from our planning mindset. Pray Daniel's surgery goes flawlessly and that he has a great attitude. Pray for me as I fly with Anna that everything goes smoothly. A praise already is that there are other families from our agency on the same flight so I have friendly back up!! Yeah!

Zai jian!!

5 comments:

The Powell Family said...

Snellers, family of six...has a nice ring to it. I love you guys and I am so pumped for the next few weeks to go down. God is creative-this life we are all living is not what I expected, and it is so good! Monica, you know what I mean...anyway, we'll be praying fo ryou guys, all of you, and can't wait for your family to be complete!

Anonymous said...

Hi:

This is Julie Fiorelli, we are getting Natalie, I am in your travel group. I will be on your flight from Chicago to Bejing. I love your BLOG. How on earth did you get a picture of the nannie and orphanage. Is Anna SN. I can't wait to meet you. As you can probably tell, I am not sleeping much these days. Your family and all of the others are in my prayers. In Christ, Julie

Monica said...

I'm trying this myself to see what blogger sends me to my new china email address. 5 more hours left before leaving our house for Katy!

Uncle Alan said...

Hey! Glad to know you're in Beijing! We went to Moody Gardens today with the boys. Great time seeing Dinosaurs Alive at the IMAX and the Aquarium. We bought season passes for the whole crew so we could go back with them later. Can't wait to see your first pictures with Anna!

Love you!

Mimi and Pops

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you all!! Anna is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see her in person! I can't wait for Mara to meet her! What an amazing Father's Day gift for Chris. I'm going to check in again before I go to bed..hopefully you'll have her by then! Congratulations!!! I pray that she is well and handles the change with flying colors. God Bless! The Nowacki Family